Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Today's Special




Inspired by the amazing shindig my brother and his girlfriend threw last night, I'm dousing the charcoal briquettes and firing up the sports grill today.  

Today's topic: the All-Star game.  Some thoughts and memorable moments:

> Pre-game - What can I say?  I love seeing the game's legends come back.  

> Yankee Stadium - the 15 inning marathon turns into a long farewell for the House that Ruth Built.  Fitting.

> Just say Drew - J.D. Drew steps up...again. 

> Dan Uggla - 3 errors.  He's a better player than that.  He'll be back.  Period. 

> Re-plays - I could've watched them a few more times.  They sparked some awesome conversations.








2 comments:

la said...

seriously want to see the plays at second again...

Dan Quinn said...

Uggla: he had the triple going, 3E, 3K;